How to organize keywords using your own system of labels
Rank Tracker lets you distribute keywords into categories by assigning custom tags to them. Using Quick Filter, you can narrow down the view to keywords marked with certain tags.
Assigning tags to keywords
Here is how to tag a keyword or a group of keywords:
- Select the keyword(s) in the main workspace. Right-click on the selection (it will activate a context menu).
- Choose Add tags to selected record(s).
- Type in your text. Use the Enter key to add another tag. Click OK to save the changes.
You can tag keywords by one at a time too by typing your text right into the Tags field. Please click Enter to switch to a new tag.
Add tags option in context menu
If you don’t have the Tags column in your workspace, please edit your workspace to make it visible.
The full list of tags used in a project is available under Preferences -> Manage Tags.
Here are functions you can perform using the Tags toolbar:
- Create new tags that can be assigned to keywords (Add)
- Change a tag’s wording (Edit). All keywords marked with the tag will be automatically updated after you finish editing.
- Stop using a tag in your project (Remove). All keywords marked with the tag will be automatically untagged.