Error messages that can appear after applying a license key
There are 4 reasons Rank Tracker can refuse a license key:
- Registration key doesn’t match the name specified
- The registration key is not valid
- License agreement violation
- Registration info not saved
Registration key doesn’t match the name specified
Meaning: either the user name or the license key is incorrect.
- You have used a shorted form of your name (for example, “Cathy Woods” instead of “Catherine Woods”) or you entered your own name instead of the name of the co-worker who paid for the software.
- You have accidentally entered a double space between your first and last name.
- You have left a space before the user name or the license key.
- You have entered the license key without the “RT” prefix.
- You have used a key for another SEO PowerSuite product (WebSite Auditor, SEO SpyGlass or LinkAssistant). Pay attention to your license keys’ prefixes (they stand for the names of the tools) and pick the one starting with “RT”.
Sorry, the registration key is not valid
Meaning: the license key has been disabled and is no longer working.
- The key has been upgraded to a higher license type and needs to be replaced;
- The key has been exchanged for a new one (for example to prevent unauthorized access to the software);
- The product has been returned as per its 30-day money-back guarantee.
License agreement violation
Meaning: a copy of Rank Tracker registered with your license key is already running on another computer. This is against SEO PowerSuite license terms.
Solution: close all of the instances of Rank Tracker and, in 3-5 minutes, re-start the tool on one of the machines only.
Registration info not saved
Meaning: Rank Tracker is unable to save data to your user folder. Please click the Details link to see the reason.
Error log: permission denied
Solution: edit user permissions on your computer to get access to the user folder (Rank Tracker needs to create a file storing your settings there). Delete unnecessary files if there isn’t enough free disc space.
User folder location varies depending on the operation system. Please consult the table below for details.
|Operating system||Path to user folder|
|Windows XP||C:\Documents and Settings\Username|