How to handle scheduled SEO activities better
Managing scheduled tasks
Using a toolbar under Preferences -> Scheduler, you can apply the following actions to scheduled jobs you’ve created:
- create new tasks for different types of SEO activities (Add)
- change a task’s properties such as name, occurrence, run time, projects involved etc. (Edit)
- create instant copies of existing tasks (Clone)
- clear tasks off the list (Remove)
- view task execution details (Log)
- turn a task on and off (Enable/Disable)
- manually initiate a scheduled process regardless of what time it is supposed to start at (Run)
Scheduler configuring tips
Keep computer on
Rank Tracker needs to stay open or minimized to be able to perform its scheduled tasks. So please turn off screen savers and disable auto hibernation in your computer settings.
Ensure access to files
All of the projects involved should be accessible through the paths you specified when creating your scheduled tasks. If a project has been moved to a different folder, please update its location in the scheduled task.
- Open the task’s properties (Edit).
- Uncheck the file in question on the list of projects.
- Specify a new path to the file (Add project).
Take measures against temporary blocks
When you aren’t around to type in a captcha, the risk of a temporary block can increase. That is why you should take some preventive measures against temporary blocks (especially if you have a lot of keywords to check).
- Activate search safety settings to make Rank Tracker’s searching activity less conspicuous to search engines.
- Distribute search requests evenly over time so they go unnoticed by search engines. There should be hourly intervals between the tasks. Also please keep the number of projects within a task to 3-5.
- If your computer is connected to a local network, it could be a good idea to run Scheduler at out-of-office hours when other people and SEO tools aren’t accessing search engines. This will reduce the number of queries originating from your network and will let Rank Tracker stay block-free longer.
If a scheduled task doesn’t complete as it should, you can re-run it (Run) or get an explanation first (Log).
If you need help correcting the error, our support team will be happy to assist you.
- Right-click on any field of the open log (Task name, Result or Elapsed time).
- Select the Send log to support option from the context menu that opens.
- Fill out your contact info so that we can get back to you.
Submit Scheduler log to support
Rank Tracker will add the log to an archive and deliver it to the support desk using a built-in mail client.