How about pressing some extra juice from your SEO software?
Going through loads of requests our support team gets every day, we've noticed that some folks aren't using the full power of their SEO tools, with many helpful features going unnoticed or underestimated. To make sure you take a full grip on the vast powers of your SEO software, we've decided to create an actionable list of SEO PowerSuite's most helpful features that you might be missing out on.
Check out PART 2 of "SEO PowerSuite little-known features" guide here. And go on to the tips we’ve prepared in this guide:
What? Most likely, you already know that Rank Tracker lets you easily monitor your and your competitor's positions in these Vertical Search boxes (videos, images, etc.) boxes.
But more to that, with Rank Tracker you can monitor how Universal Search boxes actually affect your site's rankings and traffic.
Say, a keyword suddenly starts bringing less traffic to your site. Formally you haven't lost your position, but an image results box now interferes in Google's top and wins over some of your clicks. Being in the know of what has happened, you wouldn't waste your time and effort on fighting with windmills (let's face the truth: trying to win back your clicks is of very little use in this case). You'll go and squeeze some extra clicks from other keywords, not affected by Universal Search, instead.
And that's exactly the data Rank Tracker puts at your fingertips: see what Universal Search boxes enter or leave Google's top, how they affect your website and choose the most profitable keyword niches to apply your SEO efforts to.
How? To dive deep into this data, you should:
1. Enable tracking Universal Search results in Preferences -> Rank Checking Mode:
2. Recheck your rankings.
3. In the History Records tab, you see the types of Universal Search results found for the selected word on each particular date you checked the rankings.
Note: Universal Results types are available only for the dates when you've checked rankings with Universal Search tracking enabled in Preferences -> Rank Checking Mode.
Now you can instantly see what Universal Search boxes appear in search results and how this affects your rankings.
What? We've noticed that this gem of a feature, though a total no-brainer, now gets a good use only with pro SEOs. Check how it can boost you site's SEO even if you're an absolute SEO greenie.
With WebSite Auditor you can analyze your pages' content locally, before you actually upload them to the Web. Thus you take your pages public only when their content is optimized to a T. And that's what any SEO needs to make sure Google won't spot any flaws in the site's content.
How? All you have to do is:
1. Create a project for a local page, specifying where the page is stored on your computer:
2. Run usual content analysis:
Now you can optimize each HTML element of your page before Google and the rest of the world get hold of it.
What? SEO SpyGlass lets you assess your link sources according to the most objective factor: the actual number of visits they are sending to you.
This way you can see what link sources work best for your site, relying not on hypotheses and approximate general values, but on the exact amount of visitors that come to your site through each link.
How? To view your website's visits data, all you have to do is:
1. Enter your Google Analytics login information and choose the account and website profile to be used.
You can do this in Preferences -> Google Analytics Account.
And your privacy is absolutely safe. The login information remains confidential: it's saved on your computer and transferred straight to Google Analytics without any third party interfering.
3. Choose "Visits to your site" as your preferred backlink factor and update it for your links.
4. Choose a special Analyze traffic coming though links workspace and drill into your site's ample visits data.
What? Quite often it's that all easy to figure out whether a niche is worth entering. KEI is a great way of figuring whether a keyword is worth competing for, but if you have more time and want to do more advanced research, you would go and look at every competitor on page 1 of Google for your potential keyword.
Will you try to outrank Burger King, McDonald's and Subway for the "sandwich" keyword? Will you try to outrank 10 sites, each one 8 years old and with a million backlinks and PageRank 7 for a keyword "order pizza"? Check out how stiff the competition for your target keyword is and see if the niche's worth your effort.
You can use (surprisingly!) LinkAssistant to assess your chances.
How? To do that:
1. Create a LinkAssistant project for your website
2. Go to Preferences -> Search Engine Settings -> Preferred Ranking Factors and select the ranking factors you're most interested in, such as Domain Age, Google Page Rank and so on.
3. Now use the Search button and select Find sites by keyword search method, enabling Expert Options.
4. Choose the search engine you target.
5. Set the number of top ranking sites you wish to analyze:
6. Skip the Interested Partners filter and Get Additional Partner Information steps.
7. Disable Google PageRank filter:
8. Sit back for a little, while LinkAssistant is collecting and analyzing the top ranking sites in your target keyword niche.
9. Complete the wizard to add the analyzed sites to your project.
10. Edit your current workspace to include the analyzed factors into it:
11. Now enjoy the in-depth niche research: analyze everything from Domain Age, PageRank and DMOZ listings to number of backlinks and popularity in social media. See how strong your top ranking competitors are and see whether the niche is worth entering.
Now you know what'll help you get even more productive with your website promotion. So why not take action on what you've learnt? Get your SEO PowerSuite license if you don't have one yet and take advantage of SEO PowerSuite's hidden features just unveiled.
P.S. Have your own ideas on using SEO PowerSuite in a non-standard or faster and more efficient way? Here's where you can brag a little bit of your great inventions. Join in the comments discussion and share your thoughts with the rest of the SEO world!