Improved Keyword Difficulty in Rank Tracker
Uncover easy-to-rank-for keywords and get better, quicker SEO results
Keywords aren't created equal. Getting ranked for some can take a few on-page tweaks, while others require months of work — and the efforts may never pay back. That's why you need to focus your SEO on cost-effective keywords that aren't too hard to rank for.
But how do you find those? With the help of Rank Tracker's Keyword Difficulty — it just got enhanced with new features for even better and quicker SEO results:
What's Keyword Difficulty?
Rank Tracker's Keyword Difficulty shows you exactly how hard it's going to be to rank in top 10 results for any given keyword in the search engine of your choice. The metric can save you lots of time and trouble — in combination with search volume, Keyword Difficulty gives you priceless insight into keywords that are sure to bring you organic visits while being relatively easy to rank for.
To calculate Keyword Difficulty, Rank Tracker analyzes 10 top ranking pages for the keyword in question against a wealth of important SEO factors. Here are some of the factors used:
- Page PageRank/Moz's PA
- Domain PageRank/Moz's DA
- Number of sites that link to page
- Number of sites that link to domain
- On-page optimization rate
- Alexa Rank
- Social signals
- Page age
Based on these factors, Rank Tracker shows you exactly how hard it's going to be to outrank each individual competitor in the top 10, and an overall Difficulty score for the keyword.
1. Compare your page's SEO stats with top ranking competitors
The latest Rank Tracker update lets you compare your landing pages to those of top 10 ranking pages for each keyword. This way, you can easily identify areas you need to focus on and measure your page's key SEO factors against those of your best-performing competition.
1. Open a Rank Tracker project.
2. Select a keyword, and switch to the Keyword Difficulty tab in Rank Tracker's lower screen.
3. To calculate Keyword Difficulty, simply hit .
In a moment, under the list of your 10 top ranking competitors, you'll see your website's page that ranks for the keyword in the selected search engine. If you have a specific landing page set for that keyword using the Match Keywords to URLs option (if applicable), you will also see it in the table.
If there's a big gap between competitors and your page for certain SEO factors, these are the areas you need to work on in the first place.
2. See Keyword Difficulty in Rank Tracker's main view (and sort keywords by it)
The new Rank Tracker gives you all the important keyword stats in the app's main view, including a Keyword Difficulty column for each target search engine — so that you can sort your keywords by it or easily cope the data to a spreadsheet.
1. Right-click the header of any column in Rank Tracker to access your workspace settings.
2. Select Keyword Difficulty for a target search engine from the list of columns on the left.
3. Double-click the factor to add it to visible columns.
4. Click OK, and the column will be added to your workspace right away.
If the Difficulty score hasn't yet been calculated for some of your keywords, just hover the mouse over the cell and hit to update the value.
3. Easily match keywords with landing pages
Rank Tracker offers an option of creating keyword to URL matches so that you can track the performance of a particular keyword-targeted landing page in search results, and get instantly notified if a different page shows up in the SERPs for any of your keywords. And with the latest update, you can now create keyword to URL matches right in the app's main view — now all it takes is a click of a button!
1. Just hit the button in the URL found column to match your keyword a landing page.
2. Now if a wrong page is found in search results instead of your landing page, you'll see the icon in the URL found column.
Unbeatably powerful keyword research. Spot-on accurate rank monitoring.
- Keyword suggestions from 12 sources
- Search volume
- Competition volume
- Keyword Efficiency Index
- NEW: Smart Keyword Difficulty tool
- Unlimited keywords and projects
- 300+ supported search engines
- Geo-specific rankings
- Scheduled ranking checks
- NEW: Quick keyword to URL matches