- We expected more from Pictures and Videos pages of the website. Good videos and images are probably the most essential for high conversion rate in your niche. Add a few more stunning videos in high resolution, without excessive background noises – similar to the one you already published (titled "Our first showreel").
- Improve your geo targeted landing pages:
- Remove/hide the links to the incomplete pages or add content as soon as possible, e.g. /index.php/magician-ipswich is still blank;
- Are you really sure that the screenshots from Google Maps are really essential?
- Highlight your main services, selling points (use bulleted lists, different font size and weight, etc.) and add call to action. Search Google for "landing pages best practices" and you are likely to find tons of relevant information on how to improve it;
- Run a/b tests to find out what's working for you best.
- Improve page titles. Don't forget about call to action and target keywords. We bet your keyword list should include something beyond "[City name] magician".
- Use H-tags consistently. This is also a good place for your target keywords.
- We are not sure if the list of nearby cities located in the website's footer works well for your rankings, but if it doesn't – get rid of it.
- In the post-Penguin and post-Panda world outbound site wide reciprocal irrelevant links might jeopardize your rankings. It's good if you are doing away with this so far, but keep in mind that this is a potential problem. Most of your backlinks (over two thirds) have the same anchor text "magician essex". This might also be a problem. Use different anchor texts and mix them with non-commercial anchors like "visit site", "more details", website URL, etc.
back to SEO blog