Rank Tracker provides several ways to export your project results:
- Publish reports as PDF/HTML files: the reports will include statistical information, tables, colorful graphs that display the progress of your website, custom text fields and company/client logos.
- Export project data into CSV, HTML, SQL or XML format.
Publishing PDF/HTML reports in Rank Tracker
Rank Tracker offers several ways of saving a PDF/HTML report: you may either quickly save the file on your local hard drive or deliver it to your clients via e-mail, FTP or publish online via a shared link.
Quick Save a Report
To quickly save a report, switch to the Reports section - select the required report template and click Quick Save.
Then choose the folder where to save your report and the format of the file.
Rank Tracker lets you deliver reports to clients by one of the following ways:
- Publish online and send the URL by e-mail: the report will be saved online as a web-page, Rank Tracker will send the link to the report by e-mail. Anyone who has the link will be able to access and view the report online.
- Email as attachment: the report will be generated as a PDF/HTML file and then delivered by e-mail.
- Save to a hard drive: the report will be saved as an HTML/PDF file to the local hard drive.
- Upload onto a website via FTP: the report will be generated and saved as a PDF/HTML file to a remote FTP server.
To use any of the above options you first to create a publishing profile:
- Open Preferences > Publishing Profiles and click Add Profile.
- At Step 1 choose your preferred delivery method. Then click Next and follow the instructions of the setup wizard.
Once the publishing profile is ready you will see it on the list of your publishing profiles under Preferences > Publishing Profiles.
This way you may create multiple publishing profiles, each of them will be using different delivery methods.
- Once the publishing profile is ready, go to the Reports section: click Publish and select to use your preferred publishing profile.
- Click Finish and Rank Tracker will deliver your report in accordance with the settings of the selected publishing profile.
Exporting raw data
To export raw project data into a spreadsheet, you may use one of the following methods.
Quick CSV Export
Switch to the section you wish to export your results from and click the Quick CSV Export button. The software will export into the CSV file only those results that are currently visible in the workspace table.
Exporting into CSV/TXT, HTML, SQL, XML
- Go to File > Export.
- Specify the symbol that should be used as a delimiter. The delimiter will separate columns in the export file. Most spreadsheets use comma as the default delimiter, so you may leave this symbol for your export file too.
- Select the type of results that should be exported from your project: either to export only the last checked results or to export all historical ranking results. Also at this step, you may include export of competition ranking results.
If you have some coding experience you may switch to the Code tab to edit the source code of the export file.
- Select the report template you wish to use to export your results. You may create multiple report templates with different settings, so next time you decide to export project results or schedule an export task you will not need to fill in the above steps once again but just choose the required report template from the list.
Click Next, then select the folder where the export file will be saved.