Ranking Keywords is a keyword research method in RankTracker that helps you find the list of words and phrases that a domain is already ranking in Google for the specified region. This is a good method to use when doing your competition research or when you need to find new search queries that your website is already performing well for, but which you are not aware of yet.
To use the method open your RankTracker project and navigate to the Keyword Research > Ranking Keywords section.
1. Enter the URL that you would like to research and select the search mode.
It can be either your own website or any competitor's domain. The Ranking Keywords method supports the following search modes:
- Domain and subdomains: the results will include keywords that your root domain or any of your subdomains are ranking for.
- Domain: Rank Tracker will collect only keywords that your root domain is already ranking for.
- Exact URL: here you may specify exact page URL to see what keywords that specific landing page is ranking for.
2. Specify your targeting settings
Select your preferred region, type of results and the search depth.
Currently, the method supports not all countries, but the database is growing in real-time, so more and more regions will be added in the future.
3. Configure Advanced Settings (optional)
Advanced settings allow you to specify your negative keywords and also to exclude from the results those words that are already present in your project.
Once you are done with the settings, click Search.
4. Managing Results
Once Rank Tracker finishes the search, you will see a table with your list of collected keywords and also several additional widgets that will provide you with the following stats:
- Keywords - the total amount of keywords that have been collected for your target URL.
- Traffic - estimated number of visitors, that have come to your target URL through the collected keywords.
- SERP features - the distribution of keywords across Google SERP features.
The table with results also allows performing different actions using the right-click quick menu:
- Move keywords from Ranking Keywords to the Target Keywords module;
- Add tags;
- Remove keywords from the module;
- Set color markers;
- Copy keywords to clipboard;
Additionally, you may unfold the list of ranking URLs for every keyword to see what other pages appear in top results for the same term in Google:
You can also sort the data in the workspace by adding custom filters, adjust the list of visible columns, and quickly export the data into CSV.
After you save and close the project, all the keywords left in the Ranking Keywords workspace will be automatically moved to Keyword Sandbox, allowing you to run a brand new search next time.