Using the Keyword Planner method under Keyword Research in RankTracker, you can gather the keywords from various suggestion tools. This can be a great method for discovering new ideas around your seed keywords/topic, or for a specific landing page. To start researching, open your project and navigate to Keyword Research > Keyword Planner.
1. Choose the suggestion tool
The method covers 3 sources to collect keyword suggestions:
- From GoogleAds Keyword Planner tool by topic keywords
- From GoogleAds Keyword Planner tool by Target Page
- From Yandex Wordstat
With Keyword Planner tools selected, the program will gather the data from RankTracker's SEO/PPC Index by default, so you won't have to connect an account.
If you prefer using your personal GoogleAds account for some reason, you can switch to My GoogleAds Account under Preferences > SEO/PPC Data and connect it to the project.
To use Yandex Wordstat as the source, you'll need to connect your account to the project first.
2. Enter your seed keywords / target URL
Enter the topic keyword(s) to get the ideas for, or specify the target page URL.
3. Adjust targeting settings for the search
With GoogleAds Keyword Planner tool, you can choose the target country and language, with Yandex Wordstat you can choose the target region from the list.
4. Adjust Advanced settings (optionally)
Unfolding the Advanced settings menu, you can:
- Enter negative keywords
- Exclude the keywords already present in your project
- Choose the target country for checking Keyword Difficulty
5. Manage results
Once RankTracker finishes the search, you will see a table with the list of found keywords along with their SEO/PPC stats checked on-the-go.
You can manage the keywords through the context menu by selecting and right-clicking on them to:
- Move keywords from Keyword Research to the Target Keywords module
- Add tags
- Remove keywords from the module
- Set color markers
- Copy the data to Clipboard
- Update metrics for selected keywords
You may also adjust the search setup and run a brand new search.
Finally, you may sort the data in the workspace by setting up custom filters, and adjusting the list of visible columns; or quickly export the data to CSV.
After you save and close the project, or re-run the search with the new settings/seed keywords, all the keywords left in the workspace will be automatically moved to Keyword Sandbox.