WebSite Auditor: Application Layout
The Title Bar
When you launch Website Auditor, you will see the Title bar in the upper-left corner. Here's the information the title bar carries:
- the domain name of the currently open project (if applicable);
- the name, extension (.wsa) and location of the file on your computer (for saved projects);
- application name and version number.
The Menu Bar
The Menu bar offers a set of drop-down menus that give access to WebSite Auditor settings and project preferences:
- File: (basic commands related to project files: opening, closing, saving etc.).
- Preferences: access to general project and global software settings. There you may configure crawler settings, preferred search engines, sitemap and robots settings, set up a scheduled task etc.
- Window: list of supported software shortcuts and key combinations to switch between sections or quickly access some menus.
- Help: contains your WebSite Auditor license info, links to help resources.
- Projects: a drop-down to switch between currently open projects.
- New: create a new project.
- Open: load an existing project from your hard drive or from SEO PowerSuite Cloud.
- Save: save currently open projects.
- Close: close currently open projects.
The Side Menu
The Side menu allows you quickly switch between different modules:
- Site Structure: contains the modules with all pages and all resources found on the website, a visual representation of the site structure, and an audit dashboard listing all SEO factors checked for the site.
- Content Analysis: contains the modules for on-page analysis and in-app optimization, TF-IDF analysis, page-specific reports.
- Domain Strength: a general domain report that shows how your website’s ‘strength’ grows over time.
- Reports: a module to generate and deliver reports to your clients.
Buttons and Controls
Site Structure module
- Rebuild Project: re-crawl the site completely to collect all pages and resources anew (with other crawler settings, or after fixing any errors).
- Update Pages: update any specific factor(s) for selected pages.
- Sitemap: create a sitemap featuring any pages from your project.
- Robots.txt: create a robots.txt file and configure its rules.
- Add Pages: add any pages to your project manually.
- Custom Search: use custom search operators to find any piece of content on your site.
Content Analysis module
- Pages: switch between analyzed pages from the current project.
- Add Page: analyze a new page.
- Remove Page: remove the current page from Content Analysis.
- Update Analysis: update content optimization, technical factors or competitors’ analysis for the current page.
- Update icon: update the given factor for the current page.
Domain Strength module
- Update: update all the factors and re-calculate Domain Strength.
- Cogwheel icon: configure the list of SEO factors included into the module.
- Export icon: quickly export the results into CSV.
- Publish: export the report using a publishing profile (e.g. email to clients, upload to a site).
- Share: share the report via a shareable link.
- Quick Save: save to your hard drive (no publishing profile required).
- Print: print the report.
- Click the + button to create a new report template.
- Click the star button to fill out your company info to brand the reports.
Each WebSite Auditor project contains a set of predefined workspaces under the Pages section, The workspaces contain the list of pages that have been collected by Website Auditor when scanning your website,and also a default set of columns that focus your attention on different aspects of website optimization:
- On-page factors;
- Links and Technical factors:
- Social Media popularity;
- Traffic stats;
- Structured Data markup and Open Graph.
All workspaces are customizable and allow adding or removing any columns from the table. To edit a workspace click the small arrow button and it will unfold the dropdown menu with the following options:
- Edit workspace - you will be able to add or remove columns from the current workspace;
- Clone workspace - create one workspace with the same set of columns:
- Copy workspace to another project - you can copy the current workspace to any other Website Auditor project;
- Remove - delete the current workspace from the project.
To quickly sort out records in a workspace it is possible to use the quick and advanced filters: