Getting keyword ideas
RankTracker is designed to let you run a full-cycle keyword research routine, all in one place.
Apart from adding any keywords manually, RankTracker lets you discover profitable keywords you’ve probably wouldn’t have thought of before. You can use these keywords to optimize your landing pages for organic search or leverage them in your PPC campaigns.
To start collecting keyword ideas, open your project and switch to the Keyword Research section on the left-side menu. The menu will unfold the list of available keyword research methods.
The list of available methods includes the following options (click on any to jump to a detailed guide!):
- Ranking Keywords: discover the list of keywords a site/URL is currently ranking for. You may either research your own website or analyze any of your SEO competitors
- Keyword Gap: run a side-by-side comparison of up to 5 domains, to explore the differences and similarities between their keyword profiles and yours
- Search Console / Google Analytics: connect your Google accounts to harvest the organic keywords your site shows up for
- Keyword Planner: gather the keywords from the most popular suggestion tools including GoogleAds Keyword Planner (from the suggestion tool or by target page) and Yandex Wordstat
- Autocomplete Tools: collect the suggestions provided by autocomplete tools in Google, Bing, Yahoo, Yandex, YouTube, Amazon and Ask
- Related Searches: find other keywords and phrases that might be related to your initial keywords and that people often search for in Google, Bing and Ask
- Related Questions: find out the most popular questions that people ask on the Internet using your target keywords, harvest the keywords from the People Also Ask widget
- TF-IDF Explorer: find topically relevant keywords that are most frequently used by your top-ranking SEO competitors
- Keyword Combinations: generate all possible combinations and misspelled variations of your target search queries
After using any of the Keyword Research methods, all the newly-found keywords automatically land in your Keyword Sandbox.
This is a draft section where you can keep all the findings, group and analyze the keywords in-depth before you decide to move them to the Target Keywords module, keep for future use or remove from the project.
Keyword efficiency analysis
When collecting keyword ideas, RankTracker analyzes key efficiency stats for them at once, including:
which allows you to make data-driven decisions on which keywords to adopt in your optimization strategy.